Nio Inc - ADR NIO 3.25%produces some of the world’s most stylish and best-selling electric vehicles, and over the past year, delivered eye-popping returns for investors.
Since September 2020, Nio stock's one-year return has outperformed a number of the world’s most popular tech and fintech companies:
- Twitter Inc TWTR 1.42%
- Square Inc SQ 0.86%
- Zoom Video Communications Inc ZM 1.45%
- Paypal Holdings Inc PYPL 0.43%
Nio operates in China's premium electric vehicle market, in which the company designs, jointly manufactures and sells its own vehicles. The company also is an innovator of next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving and artificial intelligence.
Nio’s lineup includes the EP9 supercar, ES8, ES6 and EC6. The company sells vehicles through its own sales network that includes Nio House, Nio Spaces and its mobile application.
Here's how the returns break down from September 2020 to present:
- Zoom is down from $423.56 a share to $291.33 for a return of -31.20%
- PayPal is up from $210.82 a share to $286.94 for a return of 36.10%
- Twitter is up from $43.67 a share to $65.24 for a return of 49.39%
- Square is up from $162.88 a share to $269.54 for a return of 65.48%
- And finally, Nio is up from $19.90 a share to $40.39 for a return of 102.96%.