The calendar clock spun around quickly. This is the time of year again when top-down stock strategists look into their crystal ball, and make projections on the year ahead. Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, is no different and he’s here now.
1. What do you see as the top risks or challenges for the markets in 2022?
2. Despite these risks, you still seem to be bullish on the stock market. You’ve written that your call is for the S&P500 index to end 2022 at 4,900; and “bottoms-up” strategists think it reaches 5,225 in 12 months’ time. What is the key to that bullishness?
3. What do you see for the global markets?
4. What about the Fed Taper in relation to the markets?
5. Do you have a Game Plan for investing to open the New Year with?
6. What do you see as the top risks or challenges for business in 2022?
7. What do you see for earnings as we open the New Year?
8. Which sectors do you think will be stand outs?
9. Meantime, let’s look at a few stocks in some sectors you find attractive now. Namely Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) , Chevron (CVX) and The Blackstone Group (BX) .
A look ahead with Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank. In a separate podcast we’ll be looking ahead to the economy in 2022. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.